Danilo back in Juventus training ahead of Bologna match

By Sports Desk October 16, 2019

Danilo has returned to full training with Juventus after recovering from a thigh injury

The 28-year-old, who joined from Manchester City in August, was forced off during the 2-1 win at Brescia on September 24.

However, the club announced Danilo took part in Wednesday's session at Juventus Training Centre. He may now be involved in Saturday's home league clash with Bologna.

Aaron Ramsey, who missed Wales' Euro 2020 qualifiers against Slovakia and Croatia because of a slight muscle injury, also took part in light training.

Right-back Mattia De Sciglio and winger Douglas Costa are on personalised training programmes, Juventus announced on their website, while Rodrigo Bentancur and Miralem Pjanic were granted an extra day off following their international exertions.

Juventus are top of Serie A after making a seven-game unbeaten start to the campaign.

Related items

  • Eintracht Frankfurt skipper Abraham banned for taking out Freiburg coach Eintracht Frankfurt skipper Abraham banned for taking out Freiburg coach

    Eintracht Frankfurt captain David Abraham has been given a seven-week ban for "punching" Freiburg coach Christian Streich during Sunday's Bundesliga match, the German Football Federation (DFB) has confirmed.

    Abraham sparked a melee during the closing stages of Frankfurt’s 1-0 defeat as he charged towards the touchline to retrieve the ball for a throw-in, only to floor Streich with an outstretched arm.

    The 33-year-old defender was sent off and the DFB decreed he merited a harsher punishment for an act that left the 54-year-old Streich splayed on his back.

    Abraham's suspension will run until December 29, meaning he will not be back in Bundesliga action until the season resumes in January following a mid-season break.

    He has featured throughout Eintracht's Europa League campaign, which resumes away to Arsenal on November 28.

    Freiburg midfielder Vincenzo Grifo - who had been substituted during the second half - confronted the Argentine centre-back and was also sent off.

    The DFB has banned Grifo for three matches "after he first hit the Frankfurt player David Abraham in the neck and then with his hand in the face".

    Both men are permitted to lodge an appeal with the DFB sports court within the next 24 hours.

    Eintracht are ninth in the Bundesliga and host Wolfsburg when they return to action after the international break.

    Freiburg, meanwhile, are flying high in fourth. They sit level on points with reigning champions Bayern Munich, who are in third place, and have a trip to Bayer Leverkusen next on the agenda.

  • 'Competitive animal' Ramos would relish Olympics challenge, says Marchena 'Competitive animal' Ramos would relish Olympics challenge, says Marchena

    Carlos Marchena believes former Spain team-mate and Real Madrid great Sergio Ramos would relish the opportunity to represent his country at next year's Olympic Games.

    Ramos, who became Spain's most capped player last month, has won the World Cup and two European Championships for his country, while the defender also has four Champions League medals with Madrid.

    Yet he has never appeared at the Olympics, where under-23 teams are allowed to field three overage players.

    Luis de la Fuente coaches Spain's Olympic team, who have qualified for the upcoming Games, and suggested he would be proud to coach Ramos, who has discussed the possibility of appearing.

    Marchena, who played alongside Ramos for Spain until 2011, understands why Tokyo 2020 could be a target for the 33-year-old, likely representing his last opportunity to claim gold.

    "I have the luck of knowing Sergio for many years," Marchena told Omnisport. "We came from the same place since we were children, we have many friends in common and I know him very well.

    "Since he was a kid, you could already see what he is, a competitive animal. He always wants more, never gives up. Obviously he has made history, but he wants more.

    "So all the challenges near him, he will want to accomplish them. Among those challenges are the Olympic Games.

    "I am not the right person to decide, but I can tell you that he will fight to make history, to be the player with the most games played and [to] win everything, because he has this competitive gene."

    Spain won the men's tournament at the 1992 Olympics and have twice collected silver medals.

    Meanwhile, Ramos has earned 168 caps heading into the latest international break, with former Egypt winger Ahmed Hassan holding the all-time record on 184.

  • Manchester City's Bernardo Silva handed one-match ban by FA Manchester City's Bernardo Silva handed one-match ban by FA

    Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva has been given a one-match suspension as punishment for a racially insensitive tweet posted in September, the Football Association (FA) has confirmed.

    The FA charged Silva at the start of October and the Portugal international has admitted a breach of the organisation's Rule E3.

    Silva, 25, is set to miss City's home Premier League game against Chelsea after the international break, while he has also been fined £50,000 and must complete face-to-face education.

    The former Monaco player tweeted – and subsequently deleted – a photo of team-mate Benjamin Mendy as a youngster and a dated image from Spanish confectionary brand Conguitos that has been criticised for its racist connotations.

    A statement issued by the FA read: The Manchester City midfielder's social media activity on September 22, 2019 breached FA Rule E3(1), as it was insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute, and constituted an "Aggravated Breach", which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as it included reference, whether expressed or implied, to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin."

    As part of Silva's submission to the FA following his charge, Mendy wrote a letter backing his close friend and insisting no offence had been taken.

    Raheem Sterling also backed his team-mate publicly, although two lengthy and impassioned defences from manager Pep Guardiola in the aftermath appeared to inflame the matter.

    In the Independent Regulatory Commission's written reasons provided to the FA, Silva's "exemplary previous good character" was acknowledged, along with an acceptance that "the player did not himself intend the post to be insulting or in any way racist", given he had "grown up in a country where both the brand and the character were familiar and considered inoffensive".

    They added: "However, this was not a private jocular communication between two friends, The post was on a social media platform exposed to the 600,000 followers of a high-profile and well-respected professional footballer.

    "It was quickly observed and reported upon by elements of the media. To his credit, the player removed the tweet from his account within a period of some 45 minutes or so."

    Silva was voted City's player of the season in 2018-19 as they completed an unprecedented domestic treble, before starring in Portugal's triumph at the inaugural Nations League Finals.

    He scored his fifth Premier League goal of the current campaign during last Sunday's 3-1 defeat to leaders Liverpool at Anfield.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.