PSG's attack the best in the world, claims Sarabia

By Sports Desk December 15, 2019

Paris Saint-Germain have the best attack in world football, according to Pablo Sarabia.

The Ligue 1 champions boast Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Mauro Icardi and Edinson Cavani in their forward line, while Sarabia and Angel Di Maria provide further creative options.

PSG have scored 35 goals in 16 Ligue 1 matches this season ahead of Sunday's clash with Saint Etienne, and Sarabia does not believe rival clubs can compete.

"For me, we have the best attack in the world," the Spain international told Telefoot. "There is competition at each position."

But despite their dominance of French football, PSG are yet to excel on the European stage in the modern era.

Thomas Tuchel's men topped Champions League Group A ahead of Real Madrid, netting 17 in six games, but they have collapsed in the knockout stage in recent seasons.

Painful defeats to Barcelona and Manchester United occurred before Sarabia joined PSG from Sevilla in June, but he understands the cost of complacency.

"We know we can't relax in any game, not even for 10 minutes," he said. "In this competition, every detail counts."

Related items

  • Aston Villa sign Samatta to help fill striker void Aston Villa sign Samatta to help fill striker void

    Aston Villa have signed striker Mbwana Samatta on a four-and-a-half-year deal.

    Samatta arrives at Villa Park from Belgian side Genk, giving the relegation-threatened Premier League club a much-needed extra option up front.

    Former Club Brugge striker Wesley, who joined Villa in a reported £22million move in June, suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury in the win over Burnley on New Year's Day.

    Samatta will hope to help fill the void, having scored 10 goals in 28 appearances in all competitions for Genk this season.

    The Tanzania international has cost Villa a reported £10m.

  • Inter director confirms Eriksen bid and agreement for Moses Inter director confirms Eriksen bid and agreement for Moses

    Inter have submitted an offer to Tottenham for Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, according to the Italian club's sporting director Piero Ausilio.

    Eriksen has entered the final six months of his contract at Spurs and been the subject of frequent transfer speculation, with Inter long seen as one of the favourites to land him.

    Inter have not been particularly discreet with regards to their interest, as CEO Giuseppe Marotta was spotted with Eriksen's agent, while Ausilio previously suggested he was confident of getting a deal done.

    Such tactics have not done down well with Jose Mourinho, who accused his former club of showing a lack of respect – though Inter insisted they have done nothing wrong, reminding Spurs they are fully entitled to open discussions with the midfielder.

    They seem to have taken the next step in their pursuit, with Ausilio confirming a bid has been lodged.

    Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, Ausilio said: "We just made an official bid to Tottenham to sign Christian Eriksen and now we're waiting.

    "Many clubs are interested but we are confident, trying to get a top player like Eriksen."

    Ausilio also revealed the club have reached an agreement with Chelsea for Victor Moses after Frank Lampard confirmed the Nigerian's loan with Fenerbahce had been ended with the view to him going elsewhere.

    And Olivier Giroud – also owned by Chelsea – could yet potentially link up with Moses at San Siro.

    "We've reached an agreement with Chelsea for Victor Moses," he added. "Giroud is a possibility if we sell one striker in this transfer market."

  • Arteta accepts Arsenal may not bring in January reinforcements Arteta accepts Arsenal may not bring in January reinforcements

    Mikel Arteta is prepared for the possibility of Arsenal not bringing in reinforcements this month after revealing existing negotiations have not progressed in recent days.

    Arsenal are 10th in the Premier League with 29 points, 10 fewer than fourth-place Chelsea, leaving the Gunners in real danger of missing out on a Champions Leaguer return and perhaps European football altogether next season.

    Since new coach Arteta took over last month, Arsenal have been linked with numerous new players, particularly given their bad luck with injuries.

    Paris Saint-Germain's Layvin Kurzawa, Thomas Lemar of Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng have all been mentioned as potential targets, with the former the most strongly linked.

    But Arteta seems pessimistic about the Gunners' chances in the transfer market.

    When asked if Arsenal might not sign anyone this month, Arteta said: "It's a possibility, yeah. Things haven't moved at all since the weekend."

    And when quizzed about PSG insisting no offer had been received from Arsenal for Kurzawa, Arteta added: "There is nothing new to say on any individual players and when we have more info, we'll let you know."

    One player who has bolstered Arsenal's squad is Eddie Nketiah, the young striker recently returning from an unsuccessful loan spell at Leeds United.

    Despite the 20-year-old's difficulties at Elland Road, Arteta previously suggested he can see Nketiah being of use before the end of the season – but the striker has been warned he will only get chances if he proves he deserves them.

    "It would depend on the circumstances, the players we have available, his performance, the way he trains, the impact he makes every time he plays," Arteta said.

    "He's a young player but I have to try and treat him exactly the same as the other ones. I will put him on the pitch because I think he deserves it.

    "The way he trains, the way he shows every day how much he wants it will depend on him."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.