NBA

Raptors & Pascal Siakam reportedly agree to multi-year extension

By Sports Desk October 19, 2019

The Toronto Raptors have agreed to a four-year, $130million extension with Pascal Siakam, according to reports.

ESPN claimed the Raptors have come to terms on a max deal for Siakam, a key player in Toronto's run to a maiden NBA title last season.

Siakam had a breakout year for Toronto last season and was named the NBA's Most Improved Player for his efforts. The Cameroonian averaged 16.9 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game.

Siakam finished the NBA Finals, in which the Raptors beat the Golden State Warriors 4-2, averaging 19.8 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists.

Drafted by Toronto with the 27th pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, the New Mexico State product spent most of his rookie season in the G League where he won Finals MVP and the championship with Raptors 905.

 

Related items

  • Rockets could have chalked it up – James Harden impressed by depleted Houston's show of resolve Rockets could have chalked it up – James Harden impressed by depleted Houston's show of resolve

    James Harden felt it would have been easy for the depleted Houston Rockets to "chalk it up" against the Minnesota Timberwolves and hailed the collective effort in their comprehensive 125-105 win.

    The Rockets were without the quality of Russell Westbrook, Clint Capela, Danuel House Jr and Eric Gordon but a Harden-inspired Houston chalked up a seventh straight victory.

    Harden posted 49 points from 41 shots – the most he has attempted in his NBA career – as the Rockets outclassed the Timberwolves.

    But the seven-time All-Star was keen to hail the collective effort in Minnesota.

    "We just know how much depth we have," said Harden. "Guys like Chris [Clemons] and Isaiah [Hartenstein], Tyson [Chandler], who started the last two games, Thabo [Sefolosha], just everybody – it was a collective effort.

    "We've got six, seven guys out. So, it could have been an easy game, where we just chalked it up and got ready for next game. We wanted to come here and win this game and we showed it.

    "We can't take any game for granted. We showed that. I think the first half we gave up too many points. Second half we locked back in. 

    "They barely got over 100 points. That's pretty much the goal every single game. Guys didn't look around. We manned up and got a win."

  • Clippers' George revels in memorable home debut after 150-101 win Clippers' George revels in memorable home debut after 150-101 win

    Los Angeles Clippers star Paul George savoured his memorable home debut after inspiring a humiliating win over the Atlanta Hawks.

    George posted 37 points in just 20 minutes as the Clippers humbled the Hawks 150-101 at Staples Center in NBA action on Saturday.

    After scoring 33 points in Thursday's first Clippers appearance, which had been postponed due to a pair of offseason shoulder operations, George was at it again against the Hawks.

    George led the way in the absence of team-mate Kawhi Leonard and the six-time All-Star revelled in the experience as the Clippers scored the second most points in franchise history.

    "It means everything. I couldn't wait to get in front of this crowd. I couldn't wait to be home," George told Fox Sports. "I could get used to it."

    George labelled his Clippers bow against the New Orleans Pelicans as "terrible" following a 132-127 defeat during the week.

    Asked about Saturday's performance, George replied: "I thought I was better. I had a better flow. My body felt better, my legs felt better. I was actually able to just move. The first game was just so fast-paced. Whereas this game I felt conditioned, I felt ready. My guys helped me along the way.

    "Long process. I've been rehabbing since the middle of May. It's been long and hard but I had a great team around me."

    The star-studded Clippers improved to 8-5 for the season, despite playing without Leonard, Patrick Beverley (calf) and Landry Shamet (ankle).

    Prized recruits George and Leonard are yet to play together after the latter sat out back-to-back games due to a left knee contusion.

    "Really dangerous," George said when asked how dangerous the Clippers can be this season. "We have three guys in our starting group who are out right now. This is a team who are looking to play deep into the season. It's about taking care of our bodies."

  • I'm not here to make history – Popovich explains confusion over Hammon and Duncan I'm not here to make history – Popovich explains confusion over Hammon and Duncan

    Gregg Popovich said he is "not here to make history" after confirming Tim Duncan and not Becky Hammon led the San Antonio Spurs following his ejection.

    Popovich was ejected early in the third quarter of Saturday's 121-116 NBA loss at home to the Portland Trail Blazers – San Antonio's fifth consecutive defeat.

    The exit of head coach Popovich led to the belief that assistant Hammon made history by becoming the first woman to serve as head coach of a men's professional sports team in the United States.

    However, Popovich explained the coaching dynamic post-game, confirming Duncan took charge of the Spurs (5-8) after his ejection.

    Asked if he considered allowing Hammon to make history, Popovich replied: "I'm not here to make history."

    Hammon was promoted to the front of the bench on Popovich's coaching staff in 2018.

    The 42-year-old has been with the Spurs as an assistant since 2014. She was head coach of San Antonio's Las Vegas Summer League teams in 2015 and 2016, leading the 2015 squad to the championship.

    Hammon is the first full-time, salaried female coach in NBA history.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.