Tyson Fury hits back at UFC boss Dana White – I'd smash him for free

By Sports Desk November 13, 2019

Tyson Fury said he would "smash" Dana White after the UFC president advised the former unified heavyweight champion not to consider moving into mixed martial arts.

Fury – who is expected to return to the ring in February to face Deontay Wilder in a rematch – has been taking on different sports over recent months.

Having appeared in WWE to wrestle Braun Strowman, Fury has also trained alongside UFC middleweight Darren Till.

The 31-year-old claimed to have spoken with Conor McGregor about training together, though White stated his belief Fury should stick to boxing.

"If Tyson Fury wants to fight in MMA, I've got a tonne of guys that would love to fight him," White told TMZ Sports.

"I just don’t know why. I can't wrap my head around why. Tyson Fury is a very marketable heavyweight, I believe he's one of the best in the world, he's an incredible fighter, and promoted the right way could be part of the three of four biggest fights in heavyweight history.

"So why come over here and get smashed when you can stay there? Tyson Fury your time is now. You’re the man in boxing. You’re one of the top four guys in the world in boxing. Why even think about coming over here?"

However, Fury, who acknowledged he only heard about White's comments through his father, dismissed White's claims.

"I didn’t see them, but my dad saw them and my dad's calling him out for it," Fury told iFL TV at his book signing in London on Wednesday.

"I'd smash him for free, so I'm not bothered. Listen, everyone's got their opinion.

"I've got no interest really, I don't care. I'd probably get smashed in a lot of things, but do I care? No."

Fury also suggested he and fellow British heavyweight boxer Dillian Whyte should take on two of UFC's best in a tag-team contest, after Stipe Miocic claimed he would relish a fight.

"I'll fight Stipe and Dillian Whyte can fight Francis Ngannou," Fury said. "I'm sure he’s up for that. Tag team, Britain versus MMA."

Related items

  • Dillian Whyte: It is clear Deontay Wilder does not want to fight me Dillian Whyte: It is clear Deontay Wilder does not want to fight me

    Dillian Whyte believes Deontay Wilder will do anything to avoid fighting him and fears the American will succeed if he moves up to become a 'franchise' champion with the WBC.

    Briton Whyte had his suspension lifted by the WBC on Wednesday after UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) dropped charges against the heavyweight relating to a positive test for a banned substance before his July win over Oscar Rivas.

    But with champion Wilder due to fight Tyson Fury in February, a rematch of their December 2018 classic, Whyte (27-1) will not be owed his mandatory title shot until 2021.

    And he believes Wilder will continue to dodge what he sees as an overdue world title fight.

    "I want to fight Deontay Wilder," interim WBC champion Whyte, who returned to the ring last week with a points victory over Mariusz Wach, said to Sky Sports.

    "I've wanted to fight him for a long time, I still want to fight him, but he doesn't want to fight me. It's clear he doesn't want to fight me.

    "Now I'm back, he will definitely move up to 'franchise' world champion. I just want to become world champion.

    "Wilder will move to 'franchise' champion so I might become world champion soon anyway.

    "Guys like Dominic Breazeale have had two [chances]. Eric Molina, two. Joseph Parker. Why are these guys getting title shots before me? 

    "Even Dereck Chisora might get a second crack at a world title before me, a guy I've beaten twice. Why is this?"

    Anthony Joshua holds the WBA, WBO and IBF belts after his points win over Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia.

    With Kubrat Pulev and Oleksandr Usyk pushing their mandatory claims against Joshua, Whyte plans to continue pursuing Wilder on the WBC front.

    "I've spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on the WBC," added Whyte. 

    "I've been loyal to them by fighting back-to-back top 10 contenders. I've fought more top contenders than their champion!

    "I'm ready and waiting for a date for next year so I can start training.

    "It's important to get a date locked in, get my career flowing and moving and get me to a world title. I've had enough messing around. I'm asking for a fair crack of the whip - I deserve it."

  • Ruiz branded an 'elephant' and a 'disgrace' by Fury's manager Warren Ruiz branded an 'elephant' and a 'disgrace' by Fury's manager Warren

    Andy Ruiz Jr has been labelled an "elephant" and a "disgrace" by Frank Warren after his failed world heavyweight title defence against Anthony Joshua.

    After going down to a stunning defeat that shocked the boxing world against Ruiz in June, Joshua regained the WBA, WBO and IBF titles with a comfortable points victory in Saudi Arabia on Saturday.

    Ruiz weighed in for the bout at 20st 3lb and conceded afterwards he had paid the price for "three months of partying", acknowledging he was overweight and should have trained better.

    That situation in such a high-profile fight angered Warren, who manages undefeated former champion Tyson Fury.

    "Andy Ruiz Jr brought disgrace to himself and the sport by simply failing to prepare to any sort of required level," Warren wrote on his website.

    "Just because you are a heavyweight it shouldn't mean you don't have an obligation to display a certain degree of athletic intention.

    "Yes, he was heavy last time around and usually wobbles a bit around the middle, but this was ridiculous.

    "When eyebrows were being raised at the weigh-in he literally was the elephant in the room.

    "Joshua must have wondered which chin he was supposed to aim for. It is a bit late after the event to come out and say you partied too much and regret carrying so much weight."

    Warren explained that in a typical fight where promoters and TV bosses were not hoping for a particular result, there would be anger if a fighter turned up short of peak condition.

    He went on to add: "Spare a thought for those punters who might have had a punt on the champion, who had every right to believe he had put the graft in having had the benefit of a full camp.

    "Professional athletes have a responsibility to ensure a level playing field on behalf of those who pay for the privilege of watching.

    "What we ended up with was a fella who basically scoffed himself out being world champion and a spectacle that suffered as a result. The fault for this lies firmly with Ruiz.

    "The bottom line from what we saw over in Saudi is that Ruiz was a disgrace to the belts he was defending. He did a Buster Douglas and ate himself out of contention.

    "I saw an interview before the fight with Ruiz saying he had achieved his dream. Well, if his dream was to win the titles then stuff himself stupid and lose them at the first time of asking, then his dream has become a reality.

    "King of the heavyweight division to Burger King in the space of six months."

    Fury is due to face WBC champion Deontay Wilder in February, a rematch after their dramatic draw in December 2018.

  • WBC lifts Whyte suspension WBC lifts Whyte suspension

    The WBC has lifted Dillian Whyte's suspension after UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) dropped charges against the British heavyweight.

    Whyte was cleared by UKAD last week after initially being charged by the body for testing positive for a banned substance.

    The 31-year-old was provisionally stripped of his WBC interim title and status as mandatory challenger to champion Deontay Wilder after beating Oscar Rivas on points in July.

    Whyte maintained his unbeaten record with a defeat of Mariusz Wach on the undercard for Anthony Joshua's successful rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia on Saturday and has now had his mandatory status reinstated.

    The WBC says Whyte will be due a title shot around February 2021, with Wilder set to face Tyson Fury in a rematch 12 months earlier.

    A WBC statement said: "Based on limited but detailed research and information gathering, including the WBC's consultation with two independent experts, the WBC found that there was no sufficient or conclusive evidence that Whyte intentionally, or even knowingly, ingested a banned substance with the purpose of enhancing his performance in any fashion. 

    "In light of the WBC's own finding and of UKAD's withdrawal of the claim against Mr Whyte, the WBC has closed its internal investigation.

    "The WBC is hereby lifting its provisional suspension and confirming its recognition of Mr Whyte as WBC interim world heavyweight champion.

    "Consistent with the WBC board of governors' ruling at last October's 57th WBC Annual Convention, interim champion Whyte shall become the mandatory challenger of the division immediately after champion Deontay Wilder's mandatory defence against current mandatory challenger Tyson Fury, with the mandatory defence against Whyte being due on or about February of 2021."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.